Doctor Who: Chronicles is a new series of bookazines from the makers of Doctor Who Magazine.
The fifth issue in a lavish series of bookazines from the makers of Doctor Who Magazine.
Having recently made his debut as the Second Doctor, Patrick Troughton really made the role his own in 1967. However, Doctor Who’s newfound stability was soon threatened by behind-the-scenes changes. As Dalek creator Terry Nation withdrew the rights to use the programme’s most notorious villains, the search began to find new monsters that could fill the gap. This prompted an unforgettable run of stories, including The Tomb of the Cybermen, The Abominable Snowmen and The Ice Warriors.
In this 116-page bookazine, all-new features and rarely seen images tell the story of a year that produced some of Doctor Who’s best-loved episodes.
Contents include articles on:
- The year’s most significant events in the Doctor Who universe (both on and off screen)
- Doctor Who in the popular press
- The Dr Who Annual
- Special effects and production techniques
- Wall’s Dr Who Sky Ray cards and album
- The Highlanders, The Underwater Menace, The Moonbase, The Macra Terror, The Faceless Ones, The Evil of the Daleks, The Tomb of the Cybermen, The Abominable Snowmen and The Ice Warriors
- … and much more!
Doctor Who: Chronicles – 1967 is on sale from Thursday 16 June, RRP just £9.99 from panini.co.uk and selected branches of WH Smith while stocks last. It’s also available digitally from pocketmags.com priced £8.99.