THE NEW DOCTOR WHO MAGAZINE SPECIAL IS MUSIC TO OUR EARS!
For the first time in the 36-year history of Doctor Who Magazine – an entire issue devoted to the music and sound design of Doctor Who!
From Delia Derbyshire’s groundbreaking experiments in the Radiophonic Workshop, to the acclaimed performances of Murray Gold’s orchestral scores at the Royal Albert Hall, The Music of Doctor Who explores one of the most celebrated and mysterious sonic landscapes in television history.
“We think this Special Edition is unprecedented in its scope and detail,” says editor Marcus Hearn. “Writers such as Mark Ayres and Andrew Pixley have contributed a fresh insight to an aspect of the show’s production that’s been overlooked for too long.
Highlights of the issue include:
• Interviews with Tristram Cary, Dudley Simpson and Orbital’s Paul Hartnoll.
• Contributions from David Arnold, Neil Brand and Steven Moffat.
• Sections devoted to every composer to have worked on the programme.
• The strange world of library music.
• The history of the Radiophonic Workshop.
• The complete guide to pop music in Doctor Who.